3 College Street
Au Sable Forks NY 12912
View on map
The original Zaumetzer Sprague Funeral Home
(click on image for larger view)
Professional & Caring
Our long history began in 1800. The original building, seen below, was first built as a boarding house. It remained in operation until 1905 when it was converted into a funeral home and called Bromley & Sons Funeral Home. In 1956 it was taken over by Charlie Zaumetzer and renamed Zaumetzer Sprague Funeral Home. Charlie ran the home until John Thwaits took the reins in 2005. The original building was destroyed in a fire in 2011 and our beautiful new modern structure was completed at the end of 2012.
We have two large rooms which can accomodate 150 people each and the rooms can be combined into one if needed. Our facility is fully climate controlled and handicap accessible and we have ample parking right on site.
Most immportantly the professional, caring, personal service we have always offered remains as our mission, to help make a difficult time easier for all those involved.